Thursday, September 20, 2012

6 A.M. Wake Up Call

Thoughts for this Morning

A Basic Morning Affirmation


I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. well before my alarm and still feeling quite groggy. But I couldn't make the same mistake I made yesterday. I woke up earlier than my alarm and deciding to get back in bed to rest my eyes for a little. Next things I know I am waking up and it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon. (Not the best move when you have a 10 a.m. lecture.) So today I fought through the sleepiness and kept going. I am feeling fine today. My mood isn't any extreme, neither high nor low, and it feels like it is going to be a relatively typical day. I decided to choose a basic morning affirmation to get us going this morning.

I feel energized and motivated by the potential that this new day holds.

I chose this typical morning affirmation this morning in an attempt to reaffirm my commitment to thinking positive and optimistic thoughts at the start of each day. While it is pretty standard I believe it holds a lot of value that we can benefit from. Not only does this day hold a great deal of potential but we can benefits emotionally from the possibilities that this day brings. Looking forward and expecting new opportunities can fill us with a sense of energy and motivate us to keep going. The uncertain is often regarded as scary or anxiety provoking but today's potential is a form of positive uncertainty. Lets look toward this uncertainty and become excited! Our energy will drive us to take advantage of today's potential. Our motivation will enable to us to make the most of every opportunity. Lets use the affirmation this morning to propel us forward, embrace these uncertainties, and use them to our advantage. Perhaps my early internal wake up call was a sign. A sign telling me to greet the day with positive expectancy, make the most of it, and live every moment of it. Maybe this sign was given to me yesterday but I ignored by going back to bed. But I did not allow that to happen today. Today I am awake and alive and ready to make the most of the endless possibilities that this day brings.

Wake up and greet the day with expectancy,
xo

Don't be afraid to use your potential while taking advantage of today's possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly remind me that I have great potential. Your blog "motivates" me. Oh and Milly is adorable! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete