Saturday, September 15, 2012

Late Start This Morning...

Thoughts for this Morning/Afternoon?

An Affirmation for Productivity


"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!"
I had a late start this morning and am stressing a little bit about all the work I need to complete this weekend. I didn't go out last night with the hope that I would be able to wake up early this morning, be productive, and take advantage of the full length of the day. However despite my plan I still managed to sleep in and lose a chunk of my day to sleeping, lounging, and who knows what else I wasted time doing this morning. Now I am sitting in Saxby's and I am finally ready to get started on my work. But I am feeling like I may have bitten off more than I can chew by taking a full course load this semester. I am overwhelmed by the amount of reading I need to do. And French is going to take up a huge amount of my time at the beginning because I need to heavily review and get reacquainted with the language since I haven't really spoken it since last Fall. This morning I am need of an affirmation that will help me believe that I can handle this work load and that I will be able to be productive moving forward. 

Because I have a plan, I am able to manage all situations to my best advantage and be successful in achieving my goals.

My ABSURD day planner!
This is an affirmation that I customized to suit my personal needs. I do have a plan. In fact I have an exceptionally detailed schedule that lists all my tasks and assignments and allots time for their completion. I am hoping that this detailed schedule will help me in two ways. 1) It will show me that their is in fact time for my to finish all that I need to do. 2) It will help me organize my time and aid in my completing the tasks. Today my plans says French review and reading for my writing course. It also says History reading but I may need to move that to another day. But my point is it's only Saturday afternoon. I still have all of today and tomorrow to do the work I need to do for the week. Not to mention the free time I have in between my classes this week that I can utilize. What do you need to get done this weekend before your hectic weekly routine begins again? Try making a list of the tasks and scheduling them for certain days or times this weekend. Seeing everything written out on paper can help you feel less overwhelmed by the amount that you have to do. It's only Saturday afternoon- we still have plenty of time to be productive. Despite my late start this morning I need to believe that I can achieve my goals and finish my assignments. As I look at my plan I can see that there is plenty of time for me to do everything. And I still have tomorrow. I have the opportunity to wake up earlier tomorrow and truly utilize the entirety of the day and so do you! We can accomplish all of our responsibilities if we stay organized, calm, and focused. The ability to be productive and successful is within our grasp as long as we take the necessary steps.

Good luck fulfilling your responsibilities this weekend,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment