Monday, July 2, 2012

Life Hurts

Sometimes You Slip and Fall...Literally...

Despite the Pain You Have to Get Up!


This morning I was rushing around and attempting to get myeslf together to go to my morning class. I was wearing sandals with a leather soul, carry a ton of things in my heads, and rushing down the wooden steps and...boooom...boom, boom, boom, boom...the sound of me slipping and falling down 5 steps on my butt. We've all had these instances of unexpected pain when at first you're just shocked into silence, then as you begin realize what happened you begin to whimper, and all of sudden it hits you and you're in total hysterics. I was frozen in place, I needed help but I was all alone in the house, I had to get to class which just started today (nothing looks or feels worse than missing the first day of class, especially during a short summer session when everything moves so fast.) I had to get up and keep going despite the pain. Sometimes our pain or struggles are mental while at other times they are oh so physical as mine was today. Either way we must pick ourselves up (literally or figuratively) and continue on no matter how much it hurts or difficult it is. So I got up, called my mom and cried, and then sucked it up as much as could and hobbled off to class. So what quote do I have to accompany my tragic tale or tail...yes pun intended!


No, not a very serious post this afternoon and not hugely insightful but I thought it might be nice to lighten the mood a bit and maybe make some of you laugh or smile or just remind you that we all fall in life and it hurts a lot! Whether we've fallen down emotionally or literally it happens to all of us and there is no reason to hide it or be ashamed. No one saw me fall today and perhaps I would have been slightly embarrassed if they had but ultimately it happens to the best of us. So my advice is if you've fallen, literally or figuratively, don't be afraid to cry and scream for help!

Brush the dirt off your tush and keeping walking (or hobbling) along,
xo

Personally I'm not a big Kanye fan but I couldn't help myself-

All Falls Down, Kanye West

And one more song..(there are just too many songs about falling down).."I get knocked down but I get up again" and always will!

Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down), Chumbawamba

No comments:

Post a Comment