Monday, July 9, 2012

We've Encountered Turbulence

Is Fastening Our Seat Belts Enough?

Hold on Tight and Remain Calm


We've Encountered Turbulence-
These past few days have been filled with turbulence for me both inward and outward. Despite my day dedicated to relaxation now I find myself restless and full of thoughts- where was this energy earlier today when I could have used it? However I know I must sleep because I need to wake up fresh and energized in order to make the most of the day since today was pretty much lost. Instead of turning to an evening affirmation tonight I am utilizing a quote that I believe can help instill peace in me and you as well and perchance result in a blessed and healing sleep tonight.

"And if tonight my soul may find her peace in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,

and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created."




-D.H. Lawrence

The G-d given gift of sleep can offer exceptional and miraculous possibilities for us in our new days and our lives. To find solace in a calming and uninterrupted sleep can allow every morning to feel like a rebirth. Each evening we have the opportunity to be recreated and awake with a new attitude, outlook, and energy. If I can move past the turbulence I have encountered over the past few days, move forward, and pray that I am granted the healing and renewing powers of sleep this evening, then I have faith that I will awake tomorrow. The key to accepting sleep is to hold on tight and remain calm, don't get carried away by spiraling thoughts, not get jolted by the unpredictable bumps. If we let abrupt and alarming turbulence take hold of us we are unable to accept the G-dly effects of true rest. We are created in the image of G-d and sleep is a time that we are able to be instilled again with his love, qualities, and protection. I suppose turbulence cannot be avoided but we can remain calm and brace ourselves until we've reached stable air that can be provided with sleep.

Keep calm and have faith, smooth air is approaching,
xo

You will move mountains in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment