Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Good Morning, New Morning









Let's Make Today Better Than Yesterday

A Morning Affirmation: Acceptance and Self-Worth


Yesterday started poorly as I shared with you all, considering I fell and bruised my butt terribly. The injury really shook me up and left me in physical pain and immobile for the entirety of the day. Sadly my day ended just as badly as it began and I am hoping that this morning affirmation will help me with my negative thoughts and serve to make today better than yesterday. I don't know where all of you are coming from at this moment but hopefully it acts as a help or guide for you as you begin and continue on with your day.


My self-worth is not determined by my mistakes, my past, or my body. I am worthy of my own love and respect, just as I am. I am worthy of the love and respect of others. Today I show the world how to treat me by how I treat myself. Today I lead by example. 







No matter what happened yesterday, last night, last month, or anytime in the past does not define you and does not need to set the tone for your day today. We cannot be categorized as good or bad, we cannot determine our worth based on any of these exterior elements, our worth comes from within- our core. We are always worthy of our own kindness and attention. Too often we treat others with great levels of kindness and appreciation that we do not afford to ourselves. It is clear with have the abilities to express love because we do so routinely only we fail to express this love or kindness to ourselves. If we want or expect others to treat us with fairness and respect we must start by doing so ourselves. I am going to attempt to leave behind my mistakes, disappointment, and self-loathing behind. I do not want to dwell on the things I cannot change. I don't want to live in a permanent state of regret (especially when I'm putting significance on things that don't deserve such a high level of attention.) When I take a step up back and think rationally I can recognize that in a few days these things probably won't matter anymore. Life is ever changing along with our thoughts and priorities. Mistakes from yesterday cannot be reversed and realistically we probably won't remember them a few days from now. Life happens, new things occur, other material enters our mind and we move on. Lets make the choice to move on now and allow ourselves to live today and embrace the newness that will inevitably be coming our way- don't focus on the negatives that you cannot change or that will probably be irrelevant sooner than you think.


...including YOURSELF!

You are worthy, show it off, demand respect from others by respecting yourself, 
xo


Respect, Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment