Friday, June 8, 2012

The Gifts of Grace

Amazing Grace

Protection, Safety, and Peace 

This evening I have chosen a segment from the familiar song Amazing Grace. While sometimes regarded as a religious hymn it is often used as a child's lullaby. The portion below notes the power of grace to protect and guide us through the troubles of our day and lead us to the security of our homes and peaceful slumber.


Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home
Amazing Grace


My day was far from easy today- it left me in such a mood that I almost chose not to post here at all because I felt as if I had no positivity or insight to share. Luckily a friend called and was able to pull me out of my sadness a bit. Thank goodness for true friends. As a socially anxious person I tend to discredit the value of the friendship if the individual is absent or non-responsive for a long period of time. (It's difficult to remain confident about a relationship when it is seemingly one-sided.) But then all of a sudden the friend pulls through by providing you with a sense of comfort and happiness that no one else can offer and leaving you shocked that you could have ever doubted the validity of the friendship! These are the friends that really count- those you know are there even if they're physical presence is lacking. Anyways, I have totally gotten off track. The point of this evening post was to offer you this verse that praises the grace of G-d and his amazing power to help us survive the day and reach the security of our own homes. So this evening, whether you are religious or not, pay thanks to whatever higher power you believe in for  guiding you safely home and allowing you to enjoy the comfort of your bed this evening.


I pray that grace continues to protect you in your sleep,
xo


(And for those of you going to the Reunion at Spring Lane tomorrow- I can't wait to see all your beautiful faces!)






Amazing Grace, Celtic Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE

No comments:

Post a Comment