Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keep it Up!

Pushing Through the Long Days

An Energizing Morning Affirmation


Today is going to be a very long and busy day for me. I have five hours of class and during my "free" time I have a lot of work to be completed. I am facing the end of my first summer session so the work and anxiety is really starting to build up! Anyways I was looking for some type of inspiration to help me feel energized and motivated throughout the day and came across this perfectly fitting affirmation.


Today I choose to be joyful. I look at life with wonder and appreciation. I find joy in even the smallest of pleasures. I feel refreshed and energized. My positive attitude heals and renews me.


So in all honesty I don't feel as if I am embodying many of these things at the moment. But my hope, and the concept of affirmations in general, is that the more I repeat it the more I will believe and feel all that this affirmation touches on- joy, appreciation, refreshed, energized, and positive. If am able to embrace and choose to feel a number of these emotions I am confident that I will be able to get through this long day and end feeling accomplished and productive. I hope that regardless of your day's length you are able to find meaning in this affirmation and apply it to yourself and whatever responsibilities you face today.

Keep on keeping on,
xo



This song is completely unrelated to my theme this morning but I really love it and for some reason it always works to give me a little boost of energy! Maybe it will do the same for you or perhaps there is another song you have in mind that helps get you going in the morning or on down days.

Uptown Girl, Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment