Monday, June 18, 2012

Bedtime Bliss

Releasing Worry and Complex Thoughts

Key Elements of a Peaceful Sleep


Today has been one of those days that I am happy to leave behind. Nothing outrageously bad happened but my mood this evening is similar to how I felt when I woke up. I am in what I call a "snugglely" mood- I don't feel like doing much of anything, I am pretty lonely, and my life just seems dull and exceptionally ordinary. It's hard to find motivation and momentum when there is nothing to look forward to. Instead of battling with these negative complex thoughts I am going to read the following quote and hope that I am gifted the same level of peace and positive simplicity.


"May sleep envelop you as a bed sheet floating gently down, tickling your skin and removing every worry.  Reminding you to consider only this moment."


- Jeb Dickerson




So as I shut my eyes I hope that sleep comes easily to me providing me with a sense of relief and putting a stop to my racing thoughts instead keep my head in this very moment. I know that not every day can be wonderful and I won't end each day feeling fulfilled and happy. But what gets me through is the hope that tomorrow will be better than today and that every morning brings with it new possibilities and endless potential. 


I pray that sleep brings us all a strong sense of peace and solitude,
xo




When I was young I had tons of these "worry dolls" that I would put under my pillow. They are said to absorb all your worries while you sleep. I think I still have some lying around- may be worth giving a try again and test how they hold up against grown up worries!








Better Days, Goo Goo Dolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOp4NAq6EHI

No comments:

Post a Comment