Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reclaim Control

Your Body, Your Day, Your Life

A Morning Affirmation



I woke up this morning feeling a little better than I did last night- the magic of an affirmation and sleep perhaps? Either way I am happy to feel this way and I am hoping that it will continue throughout the day yielding an improvement for my day as a whole. Because I have been in rut pertaining to my body image I have chosen an affirmation this morning that focuses on self-worth as a constant. Yes, I am feeling ok today but I and we cannot let bad body image days set the tone for the rest of our day. We need to
reclaim control of our thoughts and opinions of ourselves. In doing so we have the ability to reclaim control of our days and lives as well.

Kids can be so perceptive and smart-
My beauty cannot be defined by my physical appearance. My worth is constant and undeniable. Today I celebrate the beauty of my mind and my spirit. Today I appreciate the amazing and unique individual that I am.

Carefully look at the words of this affirmation, absorb and embody them. We are not our bodies. We are not our negative thoughts. We are our beautiful inner cores that reflect our true beliefs, faith, and worth. We are strong, unique individuals who deserves to enjoy everyday no matter what the scale says or what we see in the mirror.

Reclaim your control and worth today,
xo

It's the characteristics inside that define and give us worth.

I love to hate on Britney Spears but this song is too perfect for the theme of reclaiming and strength (so please excuse the musical quality of my song choice...)

Stronger, Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment