Thursday, June 14, 2012

Giving Thanks

Recognizing and Appreciating Today's Good Moments

A Brief List of Evening Affirmations to Express Gratitude


Today was another good day for me and I am thankful to have been gifted to pleasant days in a row. I am not going to sleep any time soon because I am choosing to be social and go out! I am hoping I will have a great time and be able to loose with some friends continuing the happiness I felt throughout the day. However, I am writing my evening post now seeing that many of you will probably be going to sleep long before me. I am choosing to offer a list of shorter affirmations that focus on being thankful for a variety of elements in life. Maybe today was not great or even ok, maybe it actually sucked, but there is always something to be thankful for even if it's just the knowledge that tomorrow is a new day with the potential to be better than today.

- I am filled with eternal gratitude for all that life has to offer.

- Every day I say Thank You for what I want to see more of in my life.

- I am eternally grateful for all the lessons life teaches me.

I am forever grateful for being able to contribute to the lives of others.

I am forever grateful for the miraculous life energy in my body.

- Every day I thank the universe for the qualities and talents that make me so unique.

- I am grateful for the power I have over my future.

- At the close of every day, I count my blessings and give thanks for all that I have.

I offered a number and diverse selection of affirmations in the hopes that you'll be able to find at least one that seems appropriate or believable. If none of these work for you feel free to come up with your own! You can begin with-
I am forever thankful for… OR I am so happy and grateful to be… 

As an example I'll share with you something I am personally thankful for-

I am forever thankful for the individuals in my life who care about me as much as I care about them and I am so happy and grateful to be loved by both my friends as well as my family.

I hope this evening as you shut your eyes and prepare for sleep you are able to formulate a lengthy list of things that you wish to give thanks for. I know these things and people are in your life even if it takes you a great deal of effort to recognize or admit to having them.

Know that you can always seek guidance or help but remember to express gratitude as well,
xo

You can  identify things to be grateful for even on the rainy or shitty days- they may be small or hard to see but they're still there!




If you have never heard Josh Groban please listen to this song and also check out his song You Raise Me Up- such a phenomenal voice!

Thankful, Josh Groban
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKIVf0hSn0

No comments:

Post a Comment