Thursday, June 14, 2012

Your Body as a Whole

 Thoughts about Appreciating Your Body

A Positive Morning Affirmation


I woke up this morning with the same positive energy and outlook that I went to sleep with. I am hoping to hold onto this feeling throughout the entirety of my day and perhaps even instill some of it within you. The affirmation I chose this morning is a direct continuation of my post from last night about respecting and appreciating my body for all the functions it is able to perform. Just as I payed homage to my body last night by granting it an evening's rest I will continue to honor my body during this day by providing it with whatever it may need- food, water, sleep, movement. The most genuine way to display love for your body is by treating it well and satisfying its natural cues. The morning affirmation I chose for today follows:

I am grateful for my body. I nurture and take care of my body. I take time to appreciate my body for all the wonderful things it allows me to do. Today I treat my body with dignity and respect.

So again, maybe you're not feeling the same way about your body in this moment. My body image happens to be rather good right now which is definitely connected to my ability to appreciate my body and what it is able to do. But even when my body image is horrific, on a day when I'm feeling fat or ugly, I can't deny that my body and mind are still capable of some pretty remarkable things. Don't let your body image or bad feelings detract from appreciating what your body can actually do. Even if you don't love how your body appears outwardly you can still embrace what it does on the inside!

Embrace your whole body and treat it well,
xo



Your Body is a Wonderland, John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment