Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wash Your Troubles Away

Thoughts for a Rainy Morning

An Affirmation and Quotes



Today I woke up to an absolute down pour. I love the rain as long as I don't have to go anywhere and schlep in it. The weather seems very appropriate in coordination with my mood. I had a troubling doctor appointment yesterday evening and came home hysterically crying. I needed a good cry and it seems that mother earth was in desperate need of a cry as well. We all need a cry every once in a while and the world is not exempt. It's healthy to release the emotions and sadness we are feeling rather than bottle them up inside. If we don't express our feelings we are bound to explode- a downpour is favorable to a tornado. This morning I am in need of an affirmation and good quote to help me sort through all of the in depth information I received yesterday that resulted in swirling and taxing thoughts. I am now faced with a decision that questions my abilities to care for myself and do the right thing to ultimately lead a happy and healthy life. While I am willing to admit sadness and weakness I am not willing to admit or succumb to defeat. Deep down I believe that I can reach this fulfilling life on my own as long as I tap into the rational and power that lies within myself. The following is an affirmation about the power and ability that we obtain. We can achieve what we deem difficult or nearly impossible-

Everything, everything in this world is connected. What I think that I cannot know, my subconscious mind knows. What I think that I cannot do, I can do. I release those beliefs and know that miracles happen daily.

If miracles do happen daily I pray to G-d that he blesses me with one in the upcoming week. I need the power and strength to push through these rainy thoughts as well as this rainy day and reach the other side empowered and prepared to make the decision that is best for me. The last quotes I would like to offer you this morning are about accepting the rainy days, the tears, the sadness and realizing that while crying is healthy it will not solve the issue that you are crying over. The first is a quote that seems to offer permission to cry every once in a while-

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.” 

- Lemony Snicket

We should not be afraid of tears or expressing our emotions. Tears like rain can be cleansing and feel as if we have washed our troubles away. Although nothing has changed once we have finished crying there is something that feels different. It's almost as if releasing or pain or sharing it with our others has lightened our load. We do not have to carry these burdens alone and we do not have to hide our sadness or fear. The last quote I have for you seems to be a good follow up for Snicket's quote-

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

- C.S. Lewis

Just as Snicket relates that nothing has changed after the cry Lewis replies that because nothing has changed we still must figure out what we are going to do. This is the position I am in at the moment. I have had my cry and the situation remains the same. Now it is my time to make a decision and figure out what my step will be. But the rewards of the cry remain- I feel some relief and I am no longer forced to face this decision alone. I have my parents and friends to help me through and hopefully guide me toward the right choice for my well-being and ultimately my life. I urge you not to fear your tears. Like the rain that is currently pouring allow your tears to flow and release the pressure building up within you. It may not change the situation but it can change your circumstances. Cry, share your emotions, let others in and you will never feel alone. Life is hard, shit happens, challenges appear and we all deserve a good cry every once in a while. But more than that we deserve the support of loved ones to help us through difficult time and make decisions that feel impossible to make on our own.

Don't fear your emotions- let the tears and rain fall,
xo
Have a good cry then...


1 comment: