Monday, August 6, 2012

Breathing Life

Positive and Peaceful Thoughts for the Evening

An Evening Affirmation



The day, once again, is coming to a close and as I reflect on my own day I feel a true sense of contentment. I am happy with what I achieved today and am glad that I have returned to my true self and my usual routine. As I rest my head this evening I can feel thankful for the day that I have been gifted. In order to carry this positive energy into my sleep and tomorrow morning I am choosing to focus on the following affirmation- 

As my breath moves in and out effortlessly, so does life move through my body, sustaining me, calming me, and allowing me to sleep peacefully.

Breathing is an automatic function that our body does inadvertently to take care of us and provide us with the basic need of air. However, if we focus on breathing, allow ourselves to take deep, lung filling breaths we can feel a sense of calm wash over us. As we get into our bed we can relax from all the day's stimulation by taking these deep breaths. Additionally we can be sure that as we sleep through the night our body will continue to naturally take in this air, filling us with life, and sustaining us through the night. I hope you have had a good day, are happy with your successes, and get put any dissappointment to rest. May you attempt to repeat this affirmation and be blessed with a peaceful sleep that will allow you to wake feeling refreshed and alert.

Goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite,
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment